Pancakes by the Ponds – Licensed Restaurant
Pancakes by the Ponds specialising in savoury and sweet, traditional European style crepes. Fully licensed with Tasmanian wines and quality coffee.
Enjoy fine food and refreshments, overlooking the ponds and gardens, and take home a truly unique Tasmanian experience. The gift shop sells quality souvenirs, local arts, crafts and produce.
There is ample parking, easy access and facilities for people with disabilities.
The Salmon Ponds and restaurant are available for special events, weddings, parties, meetings and functions.
This purpose-built dining area is exclusively for visiting groups, and we invite you to visit the Salmon Ponds and join us for morning tea, lunch or afternoon tea.
- The coach dining annexe has been designed to cater for full coaches of visitors, and is used exclusively for this purpose.
- Its removable glass panels open on to the courtyard on sunny days giving an outdoor experience.
- Outlook towards the Rainbow Trout pond while dining.
- Numerous catering options.
- Facilities for people with disabilities are close by.
- There is a separate coach entrance, with coach parking adjacent to the annexe.
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Lunch Platter
- Set Pancake Menu
- Buffets – various options
- Other catering options available (minimum 20 people)
Prices available on application (these catering options do not include entrance fees to The Salmon Ponds).
For People with Disabilities
Fully accessible toilets are available.
The Salmon Ponds is a level site suitable for wheelchair access.
Fishing in the Plenty River is reserved for people with disabilities. Accessible fishing platforms have been installed, overlooking the river. Platypus can sometimes be seen.